Friday, May 4, 2012

1/2 Marathon Training!

I embarked on my 1/2 marathon training a few weeks ago, however, I haven't been sticking to the "plan" very well.  In particular--the last few weekends have been EXTREMELY busy so long runs have been lacking!  However....

This week I put in 2 runs (1 not-so-good run and 1 better run!) and I also put in an additional workout both nights! :)  Tonight I am going to do a workout and some agility drills instead of running.  Tomorrow I hope to log in a few miles--and Sunday I hope to put in 6 miles!  :)

Mother's day I am scheduled for 7 miles!  Crazy!  That will be my farthest distance yet!! :)  I can't wait!  I actually have a race that day (which reminds me I need to register for it!).  Its a virtual race I found--and I really liked the shirts! (LOL right?!) and the race entry goes to a good cause--so I figured why not!  The race distance is a 10K!  So I will go ahead and just record the time when I made it to 10K and then continue with the last .9 miles of my long run!! :)

Overall training has gone well.  The only exception is that my pace has somehow managed to slow significantly since I started running :(  I am definitely incorporate some speedwork into my exercises--but I am thinking I need to add some strength/agility training as well.  Part of me feels my lack of speed is from the sheer weakness of my leg muscles.  They are moving as fast as they can carry my body--and I need to strengthen them in order for them to be able to carry my body faster.  I could be totally wrong--but I figure its not going to hurt anything right!?  Now if I could only have the cool machines at my house--it would make strength training that much easier!! :P

With the school year coming to a close--and the days getting longer--I feel a longing to be out running and I just LOVE it! :)  Honestly--its fabulous!  I enjoy working out in the evenings--however, I think I am going to try to start getting my runs accomplished before my husband leaves for work/I have to get ready for work in the mornings.  In reality--that will mean I have to get up at 5:45 vs. 6:45 (and that's only when I have to work!)--which may prove to be a BIT difficult--but I think that I will really enjoy the morning runs! :)   IF I run in the mornings--it will give me extra time in the evenings to not only enjoy my family all that much more--but this also opens up the opportunity to take 30 minutes in the evening to get a strength work-out in! :)  Which is what I need!  I find it VERY difficult to run AND work-out in the evenings!!!

There you have it!  Look forward to updates weekly (I am going to try!)  from here on out! :)

(PS>>>>There are some major changes going on with the American Cancer Society's DetermiNation program--so there have been some changes and I need to make some ultimate decisions about my fundraising.  I would LOVE to fund raise for both races--but combined that would mean about 2,000.00--which is just plainly AMAZING--however, I am worried that I won't be able to raise that much money---and then have to pay it out of (my) pocket.  If you have any thoughts--please let me know!  I am really going back and forth!)

No comments:

Post a Comment