Wednesday, July 18, 2012

4 Days Pre-race.

And I am no where near ready.  My training has been miserable.  Between working 2 jobs, the absolutely dreadful heat and humidity, and my feet hurting from working so much--life has surely gotten in the way.

What does that mean?  I might just die when we run not 1, but 2 (yes, TWO) race this weekend!  The major one being the Rock and Roll 1/2 Marathon!  :) 

So here is what I am hoping for this weekend coming up.  My goals:
#1: First and foremost--I want to have fun!  I want to enjoy the races and take them in for all their worth!
#2: I want to walk past the finish line! :) 
#3: I want to feel proud that I completed my first ever 13.1 mile race!  I am lacking the confidence at the moment.  Honestly I feel dreadful about how horrible my training has been. :(  Ever since my incredibly horrible dizzy spell in May I have barely gotten any miles in per week. 

I just want to have fun.  I want to cross the finish line having ran at least 1/2.   I honestly don't know that I will be able to run more than 1/2.  Since my absolutely horrible training--I just am not sure its feasible.  HOWEVER, I know that having my dad by my side pacing me--and just being there--will help A LOT!  He truly pushes me to continue.  We are going to take it VERY slow--and just enjoy! :)  There are bands and pep squads every mile--so it will definitely be an awesome race to run!

The Muddy Buddy race we are just doing for fun.  It won't be fast--and it won't be crazy.  :)  Justin and I are doing this together!  I am so excited--Noah (my oldest) will be doing the race with us as well!!  (Well, he is doing his own "Mini Muddy Buddy" race!

So there you have it!  I am sure I will be back in the next few days blogging in preperation! :)  I am starting to really up my hydration to prepare for the race!  Although its at 6:30 AM--it is still going to be hot out there!   The best way to prevent feeling extremely dehydrated is to hydrate early and really well! :)  Bring on the water! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment