Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Training Blah's

I seriously have been in a "blah" type of training mood.  I REALLY REALLY need to get out on the road consistently--but it seems every excuse and every little thing seems to be standing in my way.  :(  And I hate that feeling!  Last week I only got out for ONE run!  I did though--get out for a bike ride on Saturday.  Ugh.

This week so far--I haven't ran yet.  I am hoping to get out tonight--but who knows!  I really NEED to.  I NEED to start putting in 3-4 days a week CONSISTENTLY or else I am never going to survive the race in July!  Its like---7 weeks away!  And that my dear is just SCARY AS CRAP!  I NEED to get my butt in gear!

I have been wanting to run in the AM--but my husband has been trying this new class--meaning I can't go out and run because he has been leaving really super early as well.  It stinks honestly--as I really really enjoyed running in the AM last week and was hoping to continue the trend this week! I really honestly could see myself running every day in the AM I liked it THAT much!   Once my mom returns I should be able to get out and run, because if something were to happen and the boys would wake up--then she would be here and they know that they can just go on upstairs if I am not here/can't find me (the other morning I was in the shower--and both boys just went upstairs when I wasn't in my room).

Anyway--the goal for the week--put in a solid 3 runs--and potentially a kick boxing class tomorrow night.  If I don't kick-box I want to run instead.  Putting me at a solid 4 workout days this week.  I gotta take it one day at a time and just MAKE myself do it. Its getting out the door that is the hardest!

I also have been neglecting laundry--which makes running easier to make excuses for!  HOWEVER, I JUST started a FULL load of our running gear (mainly mine)--so that its easy to access and there will be no excuses surrounding running gear!  Plus, I bought a new shirt to wear/try out!  If it works out it may very well become my logo shirt! (Well, not this EXACT one--but one like it in white!  This one is BRIGHT yellow!)

No comments:

Post a Comment