Friday, March 2, 2012

Training...or lack there of.

Sunday I ran another 10K!  It felt really good (although it was on the treadmill) and I managed to shave a few minutes off of my time--but considering I was on a treadmill vs. outside--its a totally different ball game.  I find treadmills a LOT harder to run on--but considering the wind was CRAZY and it was chilly out--I opted for the treadmill!  I enjoy running outside better because I actually have a goal to go to.  I am not just in the same place for over an hour.

This week---there has been no training besides Sunday's 10K.  I have my lower left wisdom tooth pulled on Tuesday evening--and it has had me out for the count.  Thankfully the pull was WAY easier than my 1st--but it still hurts--and I have a pretty massive hole.  Tonight I was going to go biking--but I forgot headphones, took the wrong exit, and ran into an old friend--therefore resulting in me foregoing the biking.  I may go tomorrow and do a few short miles--but I am not sure.  My plan is to do 1 final 10K OUTSIDE before the race next weekend!  I am feeling confident I can finish--even though my time will likely be in the way bottom 1/2--I am just hoping to cross the finish line in under 1:20.  My lofty goal is 1:10.  We shall see.  My Nike+ had my 10K last weekend at 1:10ish--but the treadmill said I still have like 1/2 a mile to go-so I started running again and clocked it in at 1:17.  Slow--but steady.  And it felt good!  So that was what meant the most to me! 

Here's the plan for the next week: Sunday--10K, Tuesday an easy 3 miles, Thursday an easy 2 miles/Group Centergy, Saturday RACE DAY!  I LOVE Group Centergy--and I was AMAZED at how STRONG I felt after just one class!!  So I am hoping that doing that on Thursday (and resting on Friday) will help me feel lean and strong!! :)

But--I gotta survive this tooth pain and silly cold thing I have going on.  Pushing through is what I am doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment