Wednesday, January 25, 2012

A small bump in the road...

This weekend I was on the DetermiNation website gathering some information and such, and getting ready to sign up for my big race (well raceS), but I had wondered if I could fundraise for BOTH races--I felt like if I could do it at once--2 races, 1 fundraising website--that I could PROBABLY get enough money for both races. So I emailed the person on the website asking about raising money for BOTH races at once!

Well, last night I got a very depressing email back. Stating that the DetermiNation program wasn't going to be doing EITHER of the races I have my heart set on. Yep, not a SINGLE one. She explained that DetermiNation was going to concentrate on bigger races.

Insert tears and my heart dropping into my stomach. I simply replied how I was thankful for her time--but how sad it made me that I couldn't do EITHER of the races. And I also asked if there was any way I could still RAISE the money for the American Cancer Society.

This morning, I got a reply back. And it made the last email she sent MUCH better! She stated that while DetermiNation may not be sponsoring it--that I COULD still fundraise for the races. I am not sure what it will all include--but I am hoping that I can get between 900-1,000 per race. Although I know how lofty this goal is! BUT--I think I can do it! I have about 9 months to do it!!

Basically--what is going to happen is the DetermiNation people of the American Cancer Society are going to set me up with a website--where I can raise money for my races. :) She said she would start getting the ball rolling and be in contact with me for what the next steps will be! :)

So...an up and down situation, but I am SOO glad that it IS in fact working out! I also, may end up next year fundraising for the St. Louis Peregrine Society that helped Grandma SOOO much during her fight! This is the society that supplied Grandma with all of Ensure. Not only that--but they also helped her get grants for her expensive pain meds and lots of other wonderful things! And they do it completely free of charge!! :) If you would like to know more--here is their website: http://peregrinesoc.org/index.html

When I hear what is going to happen next I will update ya'll for sure! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment