Sunday, January 22, 2012

4 Beautiful Miles.

My run today was beautiful. The weather was well, glum. And honestly--it was just as it should have been--but, it was the run. That feeling of freedom when I was running. That feeling that she was right there with me, cheering me on like she always did! It was such an amazing feeling.

The physical run was ok. The first 2 miles were beautiful. Seriously--I felt "in the groove"--perfect. I logged in 11 min. miles--which, when training, I barely EVER do! And--it just felt right. Then--I turned around for my return 2 miles--and mile 3 was miserable. The wind had shifted--and the temperature I swear dropped at least 5*. Let's just say that I probably walked 1/2 of that mile. At the very end of mile 3 I pass by an old cemetery. I paused my run/time/workout and I had to stop and stretch my quads. They were so stiff and I needed to get them to relax before I could truly commit to anymore of a run. After I stopped--stretched--I started my workout back up--and ran the last mile. Every last step of it! A solid 3 miles, with a wobbly 1 in there. I was talking to Grandma as I was running--asking her to be with me. To show me that strength to get through--that strength to push through the pain.

The last mile was when I felt her most. I felt like I was flying. That groove was back--I was in "the zone" and I could just feel her. That calming presence that she always held.

It was truly just what I needed. A lovely run. A time to reconnect with her. A time to remember.

1 comment:

  1. I was hoping you would have an awesome run! She is always with you :)

    ReplyDelete