Monday, August 13, 2012

I NEED to get out on the open road!

The past month was a crazy one for me!  Seriously crazy!  Between working 2 (yes, TWO) jobs--taking care of my family/house (ok, maybe not the house so much...), and applying/interviewing for teaching jobs it has been so so so hard to find a balance in my life.  Add the need to run on top of things--and its overwhelming! 

The good news: I GOT A TEACHING JOB!  Yes, that is such an amazing/exciting/nerve racking experience!  And I am SO SO SO excited to start the school year! :)  I already headed back (new teacher training) last week--but Monday marks the beginning of the "official" year! :)  Training and room set up Mon/Tues/Wed and the kiddo's come on Thursday! 

With the new school year also bring another good thing---the fact that I can back way down on my hours at my 2nd job.  The summer is a time I can pack in a lot of hours (and man did I ever) but I will be thankful to pull it way back.  Working only 3 days TOTAL a week will be so so so nice!  More so, the hours on the weekend (especially Sunday) are such that I should be able to get in a run Sunday evenings! 

Life will always be hectic--I just gotta find some balance!  My plan is to get into a good groove--possibly even AM runs vs. PM runs as well as fit in at least 1 "strength" workout here at the house.  We have a great app on the iPad called Nike Training Club--and my husband has unlocked some really awesome work-outs from some great runners!  So hopefully by doing those short and sweet workouts a time or two a week I can manage to gain some strength! 

On a sad note--we are canceling our Y membership :(  It makes me bummed, but we seriously don't use it enough to justify the cost.  We love the Y.  LOVE LOVE LOVE it--but it is SO FAR away for us that it goes unused month after month.  Le sigh.  There is a gym MUCH closer that I think I am going to get a membership to--and it would be just me!  The positive is that its open 24/7 so I would be able to workout persay after I got off of work at my 2nd job--or between getting out of school and picking up the boys (daycare is in the same town!).  Needless to say it will just depend on the money it is going to cost!  Another option would be the college's gym--since I will be going back to school as well!  We shall see!  I wish we coudl afford a treadmill--however we just can't at the moment :(  Someday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment