Saturday, April 14, 2012

Race #4 Tomorrow!! :)

I am excited and nervous about race #4 tomorrow!!! 

For starters--I haven't been training like I should have been.  I really haven't ran all week--although mid-week I got out for a good run--and yesterday my husband and I got out for a 5 mile bike ride!  So I have done SOMETHING to help keep my body moving--however, I haven't ACTUALLY ran in a week.  Le sigh.  It is what it is....I am just getting out there to run this race! 

2nd--I am just getting over this stinkin cold!  Its like God has this plan to make me wait all this time...its been 3 weeks since I have seriously done any training/running :(  That makes me terribly sad.  1st it was my teeth (which by the way--are feeling MUCH better!! Woot woot!)  Then last week I came down with a HORRIBLE cold, just as I was starting to feel better! 

HOWEVER--I AM going to get out there tomorrow and get my 5K in!  Its a measly 3.1 miles!  I CAN do it!  I KNOW that I can--I just have to make sure I am giving it my all--and know that I am not any worse than I started at the finish line!  My time might stink--but whatever!  It will be fun no matter what!

So here are my goals for tomorrow!
1) Survive :P  Really...I just want to cross the finish line!
2) Run the 5K under 35 minutes.  This shouldn't be TOO terribly difficult--just making sure that I am pushing myself! 
3) Give 110%--when I am ready to quit--keep going!  Just KEEP GOING!  I find myself wanting to quit--but when I push through--I tend to be just fine!  I am going to really push--and only take a break if I REALLY need it! :) 

And my "wishful" goal--to log a time under 33 minutes!  Which would be freakin fabulous!!  Yes, this is wishful thinking...but I gotta have a wish right?  I really really REALLY want to log a sub-30 5K in September!  So I gotta keep plucking away at my time!!!

So there you have it!  :)  Tomorrow I shall survive a great 5K with good friends! An inspiration really--Thomas is the one who inspired ME to start running!  And I have been happily passing the inspiration along! :)  (Oh, did you know YOU can join in the Powder Blue 5K?  If you want to race--sign up here: Powder Blue 5K Website and comment on this blog post!!  Take a picture of you before, after, during your race--and finish up by giving Thomas your information and picture!  And poof--you have just ran your first 5K!)  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment